Saturday 28 November 2015

Iced Espresso Martini

Confession time! Im actually not a big fan of coffee! I wish I was, because well I could use the kick that comes with caffeine, but I just can't get past the taste.  However, add some liquor and I'll make an exception. Every single time!

My very good friend and cocktail taster, Ros has an affinity for coffee and she put me onto the Espresso Martini.  It is 1 part sophisticated coffee culture and 3 parts untidy alcoholic! The exact opposite of Ros (that's what she tells herself!)



Ingredients
8 shots Vodka
4 shots Kahlua
4 shots espresso coffee (I'm reliably informed that the coffee has to be top quality)
1000gm ice
Sugar or syrup to taste.
Optional: You could mix this over milk if your so inclined.

Method
Add ice and alcohol to the bowl and mix on speed 9 for 20 seconds
Add coffee and sweetener to your taste preferences, mix on speed 5 for 10 seconds
Pour into Martini glasses, you could top with a little milk at this point if you prefer.



No comments:

Post a Comment